This pasta dish makes excellent use of two shortcuts to flavor: frozen mixed seafood and also instant seafood soup mix. These also make it possible for anyone to prepare the dish, even if they don't live near a source of fresh seafood. Plus the froz…
n variety are already cleaned and trimmed and ready for cooking. Rounding out the flavors are sesame oil, oregano, coriander, and fresh chives, plus lime (rather than lemon) for an east-meets-west profile.
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 tomato (ripe)
- 1 package frozen seafood
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sauce (sesame)
- 2 tablespoons dried seafood
- oregano (to taste)
- coriander (to taste)
- fresh chives (to taste)
- 1 lime
- Boil the spaghetti in a pot of water with a little salt and olive oil until “al dente”.
- In a wok or frying pan, place the onion, garlic, olive oil and tomato and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the seafood, season with salt, pepper, sesame sauce and seafood soup.
- If needed, add a little pasta water.
- Cook the seafood and sprinkle with the herbs and lime.
- Reduce heat to low and add the spaghetti.
- Stir until combined.
- Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with more herbs and lime.