Extra virgin olive oil is often used in baking sweets, since it lends a subtle fruity flavor (olives are, after all, a fruit) that gives cakes and cookies an extra dimension. These cookies are also made with a combination of whole meal flour and reg…
lar flour, for a sturdier texture, and a bit of brandy, for even more grown up taste, and which would be most welcome when served with the cookies, for sipping (or dipping?).
- 3 eggs (organic)
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 1.5 deciliters skimmed milk
- 0.75 deciliters virgin olive oil
- 250 grams wheat flour (unleavened)
- 300 grams whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 glass brandy
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add the sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until you get a white, creamy dough. Stirring constantly, add the milk and the olive oil. Add the sifted flour, baking powder, cinnamon and lemon zest.
- Add the brandy and stop beating.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it with butter and dust with flour.
- Place scoops of the dough on the baking sheet and bake in pre-heated oven at 375°F for 20 minutes.