Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- 1. Combine the following seasonings and mix well: salt, pepper, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, and minced garlic.
- 2. Place the oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Use paper towels to dry excess moisture from the meat. Rub entire roast with a teaspoon of oil and then evenly sprinkle the seasoning mixture all over the roast.
- 3. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it just begins to simmer and slightly smoke. Add the roast and sear until richly browned on all sides (including the sides and the ends), 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 4. Transfer the roast to a roasting pan lined with foil. Roast the meat for about an for1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours, or until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees F for medium-rare or 140 degrees F for medium. Cooking the roast past medium could cause the meat to be too dry! For medium-well, cook beef to 150 degrees F. For well done, cook beef to 160 degrees F. (Temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after removing from oven and attain desired doneness)
- 5. Remove the roast from the oven to a carving board and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Slice the meat and serve with potatoes, brown rice, or steamed vegetables
|Calories680Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.