If your child was born in winter and you want to make them their very own personalized cake, then why not make this Winter Themed Igloo Cake. It is a decadent cake that is moist and flavorful. The recipe combines the sweetness of raspberry preserves…
the decadence of chocolate and the fun of a personalized cake. Be sure to design the top to fit your needs and watch them smile from ear to ear when you present it to them.
- 1 chocolate cake (9 in., layer)
- 1 chocolate chip cake (baked on 2 half sphere molds to resemble 2 igloos)
- raspberry preserves
- 300 grams almond paste (or marzipan)
- 2 egg whites
- 450 grams confectioner's sugar
- 1 lemon
- food coloring (blue)
- blue sprinkles (for decoration)
- 150 grams marshmallows (small)
- Spread chocolate cake with raspberry preserves.
- Roll out almond paste and place on top of cake.
- Cover the chocolate chip cakes with remaining almond paste.