- 2 pounds ground beef (fresh)
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 29 ounces tomato purée
- 15 ounces red kidney beans (drained)
- 15 ounces pinto beans (drained)
- 1 onion (medium-large, chopped, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup chili powder (use less for milder chili)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (use more for real flavor)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
PER SERVING *
|Calories710Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sheri Patrick 2 days ago
Very tasty and simple to make. This is a perfect basic recipe on it own or you can customize. A definite go to when the chili craving hits.
Gorgeous 7 days ago
Added fire roasted tomatoes and a few semi sweet chocolate morsels......ahhhhmazing!
Kyle E. 16 days ago
Super tasty!!! I will definitley save this one.
Jillian 24 days ago
Super good! I had to sub the tomato components for diced tomatoes and a can of condensed tomato soup but it still tasted almost identical to Wendy’s chili. I will make this again
Becky Cossey 27 days ago
Pretty good a little bland for my taste but a few drops of red hot does the trick
MommaT 18 Oct
My daughter loads this with lots of cheese and loved it
Jen Kane Benson 11 Oct
This was simple and perfect.
Raynetta Davis 30 Sep
will be making again. The chili came out delicious
sweetestjane75 23 Sep
It was awesome!!! Def making this again
Kristin Cook 21 Sep
Amazing. So delicious. I only used one pound of beef instead of two and no cayenne because it would be too spicy for my kids. Also, I cooked it in my instant pot so I used half the amount of liquid.
Pekka Koivisto 13 Sep
A bit too spicy. Next time less chili. Ymmily incredient list did not mention the beans need to be from a can. This caused the cooking to be extended for 4 hours.
Annita Ciummelli 26 May
Fantastic Used tomatoe paste and fresh garlic
Margie G. 23 Apr
Very good will make again
Gerald M. 5 Apr
very tasty easy to make , made enough for another meal
Maureen K. 11 Feb
My family loved this chili recipe. I like how you just dump it all together and let it simmer.
Teddy S. 5 Nov 2017
Tried loved it now its a favorite
Biggers 26 Sep 2017
Turned out great I added three different kinds of beans as well as adding more tomato juice The family loved it!!
Hollywood 20 Feb 2017
SO DELICIOUS!!!!! IT WAS SO GOOD. ME AND MY FAMILY ATE THE WHOLE POT WITHIN 24 Hours. BEST CHILLI HANDS DOWN. YUMMERZ