- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons canola oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 1 package extra firm tofu (12- to 14-ounces, do not use silken)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms (baby bella, finely chopped)
- 1 can water chestnuts (8 ounces, drained and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (freshly grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (omit if sensitive to spice)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced, divided)
- 8 romaine (large inner leaves, lettuce from a romaine heart or butter lettuce leaves)
- grated carrots
- red pepper flakes
Caroline Bouchard a month ago
So good! Can’t get enough!
Bootcampbri 4 months ago
Absolutely delicious! We had company over & they are vegetarians. I’m always looking for new recipes when they visit. This was by far the best!
Mel 8 months ago
My 6 year old loved this I’m still in shock he ate a vegetarian meal without complaint. Great flavour and pretty easy to make!