Vegetable Ramen Noodle Stir-FryYUMMLY
If you love chewy ramen noodles, why limit yourself to soup? Enter this quick and easy stir-fry made with tofu and tender-crisp veggies in a savory, salty sweet sauce. It’s loaded with rich umami flavor, a snap to customize, and perfect for busy weeknights. Any type of instant ramen works here, as you’ll be discarding the flavor packets. Instead of tofu, feel free to change it up with boneless chicken breast or thighs, flank steak, pork tenderloin, or shrimp. You can top the stir-fry with sesame seeds, green onions, a squirt of sriracha, or even a fried egg. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Diana Kuan.
- 3 shallots
- 12 fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu
- 3 Tbsp. miso paste
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 3 pkg. ramen noodles (instant ramen, flavor packets removed; use 4 pkg. if you’re really hungry)
- 3 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 oz. baby spinach leaves
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, prep ingredients: Cut shallots into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Discard mushroom stems, then slice caps 1/4 inch wide. Cut red bell pepper into strips about 1/4 inch thick and 2 inches long. Drain tofu and pat dry with kitchen towels, then cut tofu into 1-inch cubes. Set ingredients aside.
- Prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk miso paste with 3 Tbsp. water until dissolved. Then whisk in soy sauce, sugar, and rice vinegar.
- Cook ramen in boiling water according to package directions until barely tender to bite, or about 1 minute less than the recommended time. Immediately drain noodles, rinse with cold water, and drain thoroughly. Transfer noodles to a medium bowl and toss with sesame oil until well coated. Set aside.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories730Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes