- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (large, diced)
- 4 cups water (or vegetable stock)
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 large potatoes (chopped into chunks)
- 1 apple (peeled and grated finely, I used a fuji)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/4 cup frozen peas (or edamame)
- rice (to serve)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce)
|Calories400Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Shaun Cordingley 3 months ago
will make again for sure. added a bit more stock as I like more sauce in my curry, but didn't change anything else & it's delicious
Sarah Jones a year ago
Absolutely delicious! I've made this recipe several times now and it's always super tasty (and fun to make)! I decided to make it for a friend who had authentic Japanese curry prepared by an exchange student several years ago and my friend said this tasted almost exactly on par!
Kate a year ago
Gross! I had high hopes for this based on the reviews and it just looks like very gooey (all of the flour) pie filling. I added garlic, cumin and more spice and it was still bland. What a waste of time and food!
Gale a year ago
Awesome. My partner told me it was better than chocolate!
seb a year ago
easy to follow recipe. looked hownit was supposed to and tasted great
Cancio Rodrigues a year ago
enjoyed the idea of making japanese curry from ingredients..the Apple was a great idea
Karen jayne Strangward 2 years ago
Really tasty, I added a few chick peas and the recipe would have easily fed six people. Even my husband whos not vegan really enjoyed it.