- 2 pounds ground beef (turkey or venison)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion (or yellow, chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 jalapeño peppers (finely chopped, optional)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounces kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 16 ounces pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
|Calories320Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Marisa a month ago
I make this all the time. I add an extra can of kidney beans and leave out the meat. I also use 2 green peppers instead of just one.
Shirley K. 3 months ago
GREAT. Right on point
Tamar Spektor 6 months ago
Made it twice already and it is delicious. A lot of ingredients but the prep is very easy. I find that we do not need as much tomato juice as called for and probably use about 2/3 of amount. I also recommend cutting down (a lot) on chili powder if meant for kids as well, but find that including de-seeded jalapeños is fine and adds flavor. I double up (which requires a large Dutch oven or pot) and freeze some.
Melissa 9 months ago
This is basically how I make chili myself (the way my mom does) so I know it's good. We eat it with elbow macaroni because its soupy compared to some kinds of chili, and that throws people off who didn't grow up eating this kind. I always make it the first cool weekend of fall! I only gave it a 4 in this app because the timing is off - its supposed to simmer 2 hours although its good sooner.
Craig White 2 years ago
Good! added a dash of cinnamon
Buck R. 2 years ago
loved it, I have made it several times.. Thanks
Iris G. 2 years ago
Turned out amazing. I added tomato paste and rotel diced tomatoes with green peppers. Amazing.