- 12 ounces ground pork (96% lean)
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 tablespoons couscous
- 4 bell peppers (large, red, orange, or yellow, or a combination)
- 3/4 cup salsa (plus more for serving, optional)
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (Monterey jack, or Mexican blend cheese, shredded)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous, cover, remove from heat, and set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork, stirring occasionally and breaking it up, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.