This recipe for Swiss Tart with Caramelized Onion is a decadent and savory treat for a holiday or Sunday family dinner. This recipe is for four servings, so if you need to adjust it, make note. Ingredients include sugar, butter, egg yolks, cold wate…
, salt, oil, sliced onions, buttermilk or milk soured with vinegar, eggs, grated mozzarella cheese, nutmeg, crumbled blue cheese, salt, and ground black pepper.
- 250 grams sugar
- 40 grams sugar
- 125 grams butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2.5 grams salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions (large, sliced)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or milk soured with vinegar)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (grated)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 30 grams blue cheese (crumbled, optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 210 Celsius.
- Sfit the flour and sugar together and lace into a bowl. Cut in the butter.
- Beat the egg, water, and salt together until the salt dissolves. Add to the flour mixture and mix together. Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours.
- Roll out the dough and place into a pie pan. Prick the surface with a fork, put aluminum foil over the dough and fill with rice or beans for weight.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, take out the weight, and bake for 5-10 minutes more, until lightly brown.
- Lower the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Saute the onions in the olive oil until golden. Place in the pie pan.
- Mix the eggs, buttermilk, nutmeg, mozzarella, and blue cheese together in a separate bowl. Add salt and pepper and pour over the onions.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until lightly golden on the top and firm to the touch. Remove from oven, cool 15 minutes, and slice.
|Calories690Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.