Partly sweet, partly spicy, these oven-baked chicken wings are tossed in a glaze of maple syrup, brown sugar, and Sriracha sauce that makes them simply addicting.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha-style hot sauce (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a roasting rack on top. Cover the rack with another sheet of foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Use a knife to poke holes all over the foil.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels.
- Season the chicken wings on both sides with salt.
- Place the maple syrup, brown sugar, and Sriracha in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. For spicier chicken wings, add an additional tablespoon of Sriracha.
- Place the chicken wings in the bowl. Using a rubber spatula, toss the wings to coat in the maple-Sriracha glaze.
- Arrange the chicken wings on the foil-covered roasting rack. Spoon any remaining maple-Sriracha glaze over the chicken wings.
- Bake the chicken wings for 45-50 minutes, until browned and crisp.
- Check to see that chicken wings are done (the chicken's internal temperature should read 165°F). Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the chicken wings to cool on the roasting rack for 3 minutes. Transfer the chicken wings to a plate and serve immediately.
|Calories1250Calories from Fat660|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat660|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.