Awesome dish from Masterchef
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- For pork: put pork in a bowl with bicarbonate of soda and soy sauce and toss together. Cover and leave for 15 minutes to tenderise. Sift rice flour and cornflour into a bowl with a pinch of salt and make a well in the centre. Add egg and sparkling water and mix with chopsticks until just combined. Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- For sweet and sour sauce: put pineapple juice, tomato sauce, sugar and 200ml water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Mix cornflour with 2 tbs water to make a smooth paste. Add to pan and stir well. Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened slightly. Stir in capsicums, pineapple and onion, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- To make fried rice: heat 2 tbs oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onions, carrot, celery and garlic for 3 minutes or until soft. Add sausage and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly coloured. Add prawns, chicken and rice and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heathed through. Add peas, bean sprouts, soy sauce and half the spring onions. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until well combined and heated through.
- Whisk eggs and mirin in a bowl. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over high heat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until just set. Roll up and thinly slice. Stir into the rice.
- Fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan one-third full with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat to 180 degrees Celsius. Toss pork in plain flour and shake off excess. Working in small batches, dip pork in batter then drop into oil. Fry, turning once, for 2 minutes or until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve with fried rice and sweet and and sour sauce, garnished with remaining spring onions.