- 1 white onion (large, peeled & finely sliced)
- 2 cloves (garlic, peeled & finely cut up)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (the Picanté version)
- 2 celery stalks (cleaned & some treads pulled away, cut up fine slices)
- 2 tomatoes (washed, dried, cut up chunks)
- 400 grams white beans
- black pepper
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 150 sliced chorizo (grs of finely, the mild version)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Take a medium cooking pot & place on a high heat. Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the pot. Heat up. When hot, add the chorizo slices in a single layer & fry for about 2 to 4 minutes until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper. I use the same pot & pour the other tablespoon of olive oil into the pot. Fry again the chorizo slices. Drain on kitchen paper. Set aside.
- Using the same pot, you see that the oil is orange in colour, heat up on medium. When hot, add the chopped up onion & the chopped celery stalks. Fry until tender. This takes about 6 to 8 minutes. Stit from time to time.
- Now, add the chopped garlic & the smoked Picante paprika. Stir well. Fry 1 to 2 minutes until it smells lovely!