Spicy Chipotle Pork Tacos with Sun-Dried Tomato SalsaPORK
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 3 1/2 ounces chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes (halved, about 2 ounces)
- 1 red onion (small, finely chopped, generous 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (pitted and chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas (warmed)
- Lay tenderloin on a cutting board and cut it in half across the width. Butterfly each piece by making a lengthwise cut to within 1/4 inch of the other side. With a meat pounder or heavy mallet, pound to between 1/4- and 1/8-inch thickness.
- In a food processor or blender, thoroughly puree the chipotles with the adobo sauce; reserve 1 tablespoon. Spread remaining pureed chipotles on both sides of the pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 24 hours.
- In a small saucepan, bring the orange juice just to a boil. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, stir well, cover and remove from the heat. Let stand, stirring once or twice, until softened, about 20 minutes.