- 1 red onion (medium, diced)
- 6 green onions (/shallots, sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 30 ounces frozen spinach (two large bags or three bricks, thawed and drained)
- 1 bunch Italian parsley (chopped roughly)
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese (grated)
- black pepper
- 1 package phyllo pastry (thawed)
- 1 stick butter (melted, you can use half butter and half olive oil if you prefer)
- 1. Put about a tablespoon of olive oil into a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Allow to heat up, then cook both kinds of onions and garlic until just soft, about 5-8 minutes.
- 2. Add spinach, breaking it up with your hands to allow easier stirring. Mix everything together and cook just until it looks dry, 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat, add parsley leaves, and stir to combine.
- 3. Beat eggs in a mixing bowl. Add the cheeses, spices, and salt at your discretion, and stir together.