- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 onion (finely chopped, brown, yellow or white)
- 1 pound ground beef (mince /, OR half pork, half beef, Note 1)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (or sub with water or beef broth/stock)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (crumbled, Note 2)
- 28 ounces crushed tomato (or tomato passata)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons white sugar (if needed, Note 3)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves (dried)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried thyme or oregano)
- 400 grams spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
|Calories650Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sophie a month ago
A hearty meal that went down well with the family, wasn't able to use red wine or worcester sauce but would next time
Dawn a month ago
awesome.... defo will make again
Teun K. 3 months ago
It was really good; replaced the Worcester sauce with one red pepper, and added black olives! awesomesss
Ben S. 3 months ago
Lovely, kids demolished it!
Ian Dalli 5 months ago
love it!!! super tasty and quick to cook
Jan 5 months ago
I made it to the recipe but added half celery stick, definitely recommend this recipe.
Zálešáková 9 months ago
I changed the recipe a bit and didnt use wine but it was still a great meal for dinner. Better than usually 🙂
Deviant315 l 9 months ago
Didn't have red wine but it still turned out really good.
Sev Marcel a year ago
Amazing.’really tasty recipe.