- 1 block haloumi cheese (pad dry on kitchen peper, cut into 4 thick slices or mo)
- 50 grams panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg (beaten loose)
- 4 tablespoons flour (seasoned with grinded black pepper & Maldon sea sa)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (heaped of)
- 2 little gem lettuce (cleaned, washed, spun dry & leaves torn)
- 12 slices plum tomatoes
- 12 slices cucumber (washed & cleaned, no seeds)
- 2 white onions (large, peeled & sliced into rings)
- 1 courgette (medium, zucchini, washed, cleaned, seeds removed)
- 4 kaiser rolls (or bread rolls)
- tomato ketchup (If you like : some of your favourite)
- First, make the burgers. Take 4 large deep plates & place them besides each other. In the 1st plate, put the seasoned flour. In the 2 nd plate, place the beaten egg. In the 3rd plate, you put the panko breadcrumbs. On the 4th plate, you put the haloumi burgers.
- So, with your left hand, you take a big slice of the haloumi & roll it on both sides in the seasoned flour. Shake off excess of flour. Then, with your right hand, take the haloumi trough the beaten egg. Roll it in the egg on both sides. With the same right hand, roll it in the panko breadcrumbs on both sides. Lay it on the 4th plate. Do the same with the rest of the haloumi slices. You put clingfilm over the top & place into the fridge until you are ready to fry them.
- Take your courgette ( zuchini ) slices & place them into a fitting bowl. Pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of a fruity EVOO over it. Add dried Provencal herbs & some Maldon sea salt. Mix everything around with your hands. Put clingfilm over the top & place into the fridge for at least 1 hour to marinate.