- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 900 grams braising steak (beef, cut into bite-size chunks)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 brown onions (peeled and diced)
- 2 garlic (fat cloves, peeled and minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (just use regular if you don't have smoked)
- 1 pinch salt (and pepper)
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes (cans, in juice)
- 600 milliliters beef stock (water plus 2 stock cubes is fine)
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional - this is just to neutralize some of the acidity from the tomatoes)
- 2 red bell peppers (deseeded and sliced)
- 225 milliliters sour cream
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- sour cream (Extra)
|Calories210Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sam P. 3 months ago
really good and delicious and easy to make!
ollie Taplin 7 months ago
delish!! especially with fresh rigatoni pasta!! recommend adding a bit of water to make it nice and saucy !!
Manu 7 months ago
Easy to prepare and it tasts good.
King 8 months ago
Loved the flavours although I substituted sour cream with greek yoghurt. It made good leftovers the next day with suet dumplings.
Luigi Coradduzza a year ago
OK I've just followed for the quantities, but didn't do the slow cook (3 hours on stove) as of the the beef stripes I used didn't required it, only did 1h of Ditch oven. Added a good quantity of cayenne and caraway seeds too. loved the taste anyway.
Barrie Preece a year ago
I've done this many times now both in the oven and in a slow cooker. My only bit of advice is do try to get Hungarian paprika. It has a completely different flavour and makes it much more authentic
Nikki McCann 2 years ago
Gorgeous, amazing, easy to do. Whole family loved it!
Stephen Blair 2 years ago
Easy made slow dish. Very tasty but for my taste a little too much paprika in it, personal taste of course. I always do a recipe to the letter initially but feel I will make this again and perhaps half the paprika in it. It didn’t spoil my enjoyment of it though!
Heinz 2 years ago
So delish! I used 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper cause thats what i had! Oh, i also added a can of mushrooms at the end...just because i love shrooms! Def will make again! The pasta i used on the side is organic Caserecce!
Rayanna T. 3 years ago
This is delicious. It makes a lot too and is good for leftovers. I made it with a bit of sugar instead of honey so that my baby could have some as well and I didn't need to cook it the full hours. The meat was tender and well cooked at about 2 hours of cooking in the oven. Will make again.