- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 900 grams braising steak (beef, cut into bite-size chunks)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 brown onions (peeled and diced)
- 2 garlic (fat cloves, peeled and minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (just use regular if you don't have smoked)
- 1 pinch salt (and pepper)
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes (cans, in juice)
- 600 milliliters beef stock (water plus 2 stock cubes is fine)
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional - this is just to neutralize some of the acidity from the tomatoes)
- 2 red bell peppers (deseeded and sliced)
- 225 milliliters sour cream
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- sour cream (Extra)
|Calories210Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
ollie Taplin 3 months ago
delish!! especially with fresh rigatoni pasta!! recommend adding a bit of water to make it nice and saucy !!
Manu 4 months ago
Easy to prepare and it tasts good.
King 4 months ago
Loved the flavours although I substituted sour cream with greek yoghurt. It made good leftovers the next day with suet dumplings.
Luigi Coradduzza 10 months ago
OK I've just followed for the quantities, but didn't do the slow cook (3 hours on stove) as of the the beef stripes I used didn't required it, only did 1h of Ditch oven. Added a good quantity of cayenne and caraway seeds too. loved the taste anyway.
Barrie Preece a year ago
I've done this many times now both in the oven and in a slow cooker. My only bit of advice is do try to get Hungarian paprika. It has a completely different flavour and makes it much more authentic
Nikki McCann a year ago
Gorgeous, amazing, easy to do. Whole family loved it!
Stephen Blair a year ago
Easy made slow dish. Very tasty but for my taste a little too much paprika in it, personal taste of course. I always do a recipe to the letter initially but feel I will make this again and perhaps half the paprika in it. It didn’t spoil my enjoyment of it though!
Heinz a year ago
So delish! I used 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper cause thats what i had! Oh, i also added a can of mushrooms at the end...just because i love shrooms! Def will make again! The pasta i used on the side is organic Caserecce!
Rayanna T. 3 years ago
This is delicious. It makes a lot too and is good for leftovers. I made it with a bit of sugar instead of honey so that my baby could have some as well and I didn't need to cook it the full hours. The meat was tender and well cooked at about 2 hours of cooking in the oven. Will make again.