- 12 ounces ground pork (lean)
- 8 ounces penne pasta (whole grain, about 3 cups)
- 3 cups tomato pasta sauce (spicy, OR plain tomato-basil pasta sauce)
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese low fat
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (OR Asiago cheese, freshly grated)
- Cook pasta in large saucepan with unsalted water according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, cook ground pork over medium-high heat in large, nonstick skillet about 3 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, breaking pork in to 3/4-inch crumbles. Drain and discard any juices.
- Add hot pasta to ground pork in skillet. Stir in pasta sauce and ricotta cheese. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.
Alexander N. 3 months ago
Decent enough dish though some garlic and maybe even minced shallots would have improved this recipe to a 5 star. Ricotta cheese was a welcome addition though.
Davenport 3 months ago
Delicious! I made enough for leftovers! Probably won't make it thru the night.
Tim Kirkendall 7 months ago
Really good, easy and quick. Only involved a few ingredients and the leftovers warm up excellent!
kyra keathley a year ago
Very good, easy. Will definitely make it again.
Austin Steele a year ago
Very good, quick and easy!
Marlene Gray 2 years ago
Good I used too much meat hubby likes
Sylwia J. 2 years ago
I used basil and tomato sauce and it turned out pretty good quick and easy meal good for busy moms such as myself. Taste wise it isnt the most amazing thing but for being quick and easy its yummy. Thanks for the recipe might add in onion and/or garlic next time for extra flavor