- 2 cups yellow grits
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 jalapeño peppers (minced)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound thick cut bacon (cut into ½-inch pieces)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 shallot (small, chopped)
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Set the Smart Oven+ Attachment base pan with heating element and Steamer Water Basin Pan on the oven rack. Fill Water Basin Pan with 4 cups of water.
- Place grits in 9" x 13" casserole dish. Place casserole dish on Perforated Steamer Tray and set in Water Basin Pan. Pour 3½ cups boiling water over the top of grits. Place Lid on Steamer. On STEAM mode, steam grits for 45-60 minutes, until they begin to thicken. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter, jalapeño, cream and tabasco. Season with salt and pepper. Turn oven off but leave Lid on Steamer to keep grits warm while preparing the shrimp.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, shallot and remaining butter to skillet. When butter has melted, add shrimp to skillet. Deglaze pan with wine and chicken stock; cook until shrimp is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and squeeze lemon over top.
- To serve, divide grits between bowls. Spoon shrimp into center of bowls and serve immediately with chopped parsley.
|Calories570Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.