Tender brown sugar pork chops, caramelized sweet potatoes, and apples are the perfect combination of savory and sweet in this easy dinner made on one sheet pan.
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 red baking apples (medium, like Fuji)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash allspice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt (divided)
- black pepper
- 4 pork loin chops (1.5lb. each, about 1” thick)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- fresh thyme (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line an extra-large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife dice sweet potato into ¾” pieces. Place in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
Stephen McGill 8 months ago
Really enjoyed this. As one other reviewer suggested, I doubled the marinade/coating. Turned out beautifully.
Farmer a year ago
The apples and sweet potatoes soaked up the pork juices, which wasn’t very appetizing. I think if they are baked on separate pans it would be very good.
Marcia Scaggs a year ago
Everyone liked it. I added a rub to the chops and marinated for an hour before cooking so they were a bit more flavorful. The apples and sweet potatoes complimented the chops nicely.
Leeroy Yomashima a year ago
amazing. will make again! inexpensive as well
Timothy Bales a year ago
Pork needed more flavor
krystal mitchell a year ago
Very well. Thank you. It was fun and easy.
Tasha Gurney a year ago
It was a little lacking in flavor. Nothing really stood out to me. My 3yo loved the meat. Might try this again but would double the spices and marinade for an hour.