Perfect entree salad for a summer luncheon or picnic. Serve with breadsticks and fresh plums.
- 1 pound pork loin roast (cooked, cut into julienne pieces, 1/2x1/2x2-inch)
- 6 ounces spiral shaped pasta (cooked and drained)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced julienne)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced julienne)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (cooked)
- 12 ounces water chestnuts (2 cans, sliced)
- 1/2 cup green onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
- In a large shallow serving bowl, toss together pork, pasta and vegetables. Stir together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl; pour over pasta and toss to coat all ingredients. Garnish with sesame seed.