All you need are a few things to get the ball rolling. Pasta, ham, cheese, and frozen peas. Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking.
- 1 1/2 cups ham (diced)
- 3/4 pound orecchiette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (rough chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water (reserved from cooking the pasta)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup colby jack cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet on medium heat until melted. Add the shallot and sauté for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Stir in the cubed ham and the frozen peas and toss to combine.
- Add in the reserved pasta cooking water and then the pasta and 2 varieties of cheese. Season with salt and pepper and lemon zest. Toss to combine and serve as needed.