Savory breakfast sausage and earthy mushrooms are the perfect flavor combination, especially when paired with eggs and cheese!
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage (removed from casing)
- 1 tablespoon butter (alternatively use leftover sausage oil)
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded havarti (or Fontina cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9x13” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper. Add shredded cheese. Fold with a rubber spatula until the cheese is evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Transfer the dish to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the casserole for 40-45 minutes, until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the casserole to cool for at least ten minutes before serving.
- Cut the casserole into squares, or simply transfer to a plate with a large spoon. Serve.