Sausage-Stuffed Pork Roast with Apricot-Mustard GlazePORK
- 5 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1 pound smoked pork sausage (fully-cooked, wrapped tightly in foil and frozen)
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Insert long slicing knife into center of face of pork loin, piercing loin clear through center. Withdraw knife and insert again into face of loin, at an angle perpendicular to the first cut (creating an “x” in the face of the pork loin). Unwrap frozen smoked sausage. Holding loin in one hand and sausage in other, force sausage into the loin through the “x” cut in the face of the loin. If sausage is longer than loin, trim off excess sausage and reserve for another use.
- Place sausage-stuffed roast on rack in shallow pan. Roast for about 1 1/2 hours (20 minutes per pound). In small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients and brush over roast the last 15 minutes of cooking time. Brushing occasionally with glaze mixture from bottom of pan until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. (Be careful to insert thermometer probe into loin, not into sausage). Remove roast from oven; let rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.