Red wine is not the only option when it comes to making sangria. White wine or even champagne, which is used in this recipe, are also authentic and equally delicious alternatives. Here the fresh fruit is replaced with a mixture of berries, brown sugar, and cinnamon stick that's left to macerate so the flavors meld and to draw out the fruits' juices. Garnish each drink with a fresh mint leaf.
- 1 bottle champagne (raw fresh)
- 1 package frozen berries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 liter fruit juice
- brown sugar
- mint leaves (to decorate)
- In a bowl, place the berries and the cinnamon and cover with a layer of brown sugar to taste.
- Let macerate for 30 minutes. Stir well.
- Add the juice and the champagne.
- Serve garnished with a mint leaf.