- 1 poblano pepper (medium)
- 1 red bell pepper (medium)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds and veins. Place them, cut side down, on a shallow, foil-lined baking pan. Roast them directly under the broiler of the oven until charred; wrap them in paper towels, then seal them in plastic storage bags and let them sweat at least 10 minutes.
- While the peppers are sweating, melt the butter in a small, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the peppers from the plastic and paper towels, then peel, dice and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt pepper and cumin.
- Spread the peppers and onion in the bottom of a well-buttered deep-dish pie plate, then sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top. Gently pour the egg mixture over all – it should come up nearly to the top of the pie plate. Carefully place the quiche in the top half of the oven.
- Bake at 375º F until the quiche is browned and set, 35 – 45 minutes. Let it rest at least 15 minutes before cutting.
|Calories350Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.