Roast chicken with Bertolli Spread by GennaroUNILEVER UK
Gennaro Contaldo loves to have a traditional roast chicken for Sunday lunch and to make it more moist he likes to spread a paste of Bertolli Spread, roasted garlic and herbs over the flesh.
- Place the unpeeled garlic cloves in a hot oven 210 C, 190 C fan oven, Gas mark 7 for about 15 minutes until soft. With the help of a tea towel, remove the skins while still warm. Place the Bertolli Spread and garlic in a small bowl together with the chopped herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix together well until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Take the chicken and carefully ease the skin away from the breasts, taking care not to tear the delicate skin. With your fingers, spread the paste evenly all over the breast under the skin. Fill the cavity of the chicken with the lemon halves.
- Line the bottom of the roasting tin with the carrots, arranging them in 2 lines like a railway track. Place the chicken on top of the carrots - this is done to prevent the bird from sticking to the tin. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil rubbing well all over. Pour in the wine and stock.
- Cover with aluminium foil and roast in the hot oven for about 1 hour 30 minutes until the chicken has thoroughly cooked through. Remove the aluminium foil 20 minutes before the end of cooking time. Remove from the oven, leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
|Calories350Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.