Thanksgiving dinner is a cinch with this quick and easy turkey recipe.
- 1 whole turkey (11-14 lb., giblets removed, patted dry)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 head garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 onion
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Adjust a rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and position a roasting rack inside of it.
- Liberally season the turkey with the salt and black pepper, to taste, taking care to season the outside as well as the internal cavity. Set the turkey breast side up onto the roasting rack and tuck the wing tips underneath the legs.