This savory Pumpkin and Potato Spiced Tart is full of fun fall flavors, making it an ideal autumn dinner dish to serve for brunch, lunch, or dinner. The crust for the tart is made from a combination of rye and white flour and is also made with fresh cheese for a unique cheesy flavor. Made with a combination of roasted pumpkin and potatoes, the filling for this tart is spicy and creamy. Blind bake the tart crust before adding the filling to make sure you do not end up with a soggy bottom.
- 75 grams flour
- 160 grams whole grain rye flour (semi-)
- 50 grams butter (cold and diced)
- 150 grams fresh cheese
- 400 grams pumpkin
- 1 potato (medium)
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams fresh cheese
- 50 milliliters milk
- 1 teaspoon spice (ras al hanout, blend, or curry powder)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a food processor, mix the flours and butter. The dough should be grainy.
- Add the cheese and knead by hand. If the mixture is not smooth, slowly add water.
- Shape into a ball and divide into two. Set aside one of them as it will not be needed.
- Stretch the other portion on a floured surface using a rolling pin.
- Grease and flour a baking pan with a removable bottom.
- Place the stretched dough in the pan and poke the bottom surface of the dough using a fork.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Place in a greased baking pan.
- Add salt and brush with oil.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes and pumpkin are cooked, let them cool enough to manipulate with your hands. Break into pieces or coarsely chop.
- Place on the baked dough.
- Mix the eggs, cheese, milk, and spices and pour onto the pumpkin mixture. Tap on the mold to even out the surface and distribute the ingredients.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve warm.
|Calories530Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.