- 3 pounds pork loin roast, boneless
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 ounces tamarind (peeled)
- 2 arbol chiles (toasted and seeded)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Boil the tamarind in water for 10 minutes. Once tamarind is very soft, strain to remove fibers and seeds, reserving water. Blend the tamarind water with the chiles, garlic, vinegar and sugar. Place the pork in a roasting pan and pour tamarind sauce over pork. Roast for 40 to 60 minutes, or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.