Pork Chops Stuffed With Spinach and Sun-Dried TomatoesFOODISTA
Remove All from Shopping List
- Warm the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook until combined, about 2 more minutes. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add the goat cheese and cream cheese. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the thickest portion of the pork chop on its side. Stuff each pocket with 1/4 of the spinach and sun-dried tomato mixture and close the pork around the stuffing. Season the outside of the pork with salt and pepper. (Note: Don't over-stuff! Once the cheese starts to melt, you'll have a mess in the pan)
- In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice and mustard.
- Warm the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the pork. Cook until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side for desired wellness. Transfer pork to a side dish and tent with foil to keep warm. Add the chicken broth mixture to the pan over medium-high heat. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan as the chicken broth simmers. Reduce the broth by half to make a light sauce, about 8 minutes. (Note: You can add cornstarch to the sauce to thicken it slightly if desired)
- To serve, spoon sauce over pork, with jasmine (or white) rice and a vegetable.
|Calories480Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.