All this refreshing salad needs to accompany it is a hunk of good bread or some nice breadsticks. To enjoy it year-round, use other fruits in season—for example, apples or pears in the fall, and oranges in the winter and spring. It’s also nice with…
a sprinkle of crumbled blue or goat cheese. Recipe courtesy of Jill Krause, Baby Rabies
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast almonds, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
- While almonds are toasting, in a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, shallot, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Season pork with salt and pepper and grill until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chops from grill and let rest 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine almonds, arugula, strawberries, and dressing to taste. Arrange salad on plates.
- Thinly slice pork and arrange on top of salads. Drizzle with any remaining dressing and serve.