Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Cook the Arborio rice in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender but firm, about 12 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the stems from the peppers and scrape out the seeds and the membranes with a spoon. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and cook, stirring until slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes. Scrape onion into a mixing bowl, add the ground meat, egg, grated cheese, parsley, oregano and cooked rice, and stir together until evenly blended.
- Divide the filling among the peppers using about 1/2 cup to fill each pepper loosely. Rub the outside of the peppers lightly with olive oil and place them in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Roast the peppers, turning once or twice with tongs, until softened and lightly browned in spots, about 20 minutes.
- Tomato Sauce: In a food processor, mix a 28 oz can of San Marzano tomatoes with 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 Tbsp. olive oil and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Pulse just to break up the tomatoes. Pour over peppers.
- Cover with foil and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is cooked through; 30-40 minutes. Last ten minutes of cooking time, remove foil and sprinkle with shredded cheese, and a sprinkling of oregano.
|Calories600Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.