It's time to shake things up! If you have never tried this Pizza Rolls with Chorizo and Basil recipe before you are in for a real surprise. This Pizza Rolls with Chorizo and Basil is packed with bold flavor to leave you and your guests wanting m…
re. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We love to read about your experiences cooking our recipes. You can also give this recipe a star rating!
- 300 grams flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baker's yeast
- 250 milliliters water (tepid)
- flour (for dusting)
- chili sauce
- fresh basil leaves
- pork sausages (Alentejo)
- 100 grams butter
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- In a bowl, start by mixing the dry ingredients: flour, yeast, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of sugar.
- Continue mixing, and add warm water gradually for a moldable and light dough.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap to prevent moisture loss, and let stand until double in volume.
- Pour the batter on a floured surface, and sprinkle with a little more flour. Knead and stretch with a rolling pin to a very thin rectangular shape.
- Spread the chili sauce over the entire surface, add slices of Alentejo pork sausage, and chopped basil leaves.
- Roll up the dough very carefully for a long and well adjusted roll. Cut in small slices and place them side by side almost touching on a baking tray.
- Let rest for a few minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter with chopped garlic.
- Before placing the pizza rolls in the oven, brush with butter. and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- A few minutes before removing from oven, brush with butter again.
- Serve immediately.
- Accompany with arugula salad.
|Calories610Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.