Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- In a food processor, mix the pheasant meat, (put aside the breasts), the pork butt, the shallots, thyme, bay leaves, leeks, parsley, salt, pepper, cognac and white wine. Put the mixture into a bowl and put the breast meat, livers and the truffle on top. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator for 4 days.
- When you are ready to fill the terrine, chop the liver, truffles and the pheasant breasts to make it easier to spread them out into a layer in the pate.
- Line the mould you have chosen for the pate with a piece of plastic wrap. Press it down into the corners of the mould. Then lay your caul fat over the inside of the wrap. Fill one third of the mould with the forcemeat. Then arrange half the lard, breast meat, livers and truffle in the middle. Add one third more forcemeat, then the remainder of the lard, breast meat, livers and truffles. Cover with the remainder of the forcemeat.
- Fold the caul fat back over onto the pate. Cover the pate with tin foil and bake it in a Bain Marie in the oven for 2 hours, or until the internal temperature has reached 150 degrees Fahrenheit and a knife inserted in the middle comes out very hot.
- Preheat the oven to 330 degrees Fahrenheit