This unusual dough is worth giving a go, especially if you already are equipped with a bread machine. It's made with plain yogurt and wheat flour and rolled out, layered with a quick pesto and fresh goat cheese, then rolled up into a log and cut int…
slices. You will need to reshape the slices a bit with your hands before baking. These little pinwheels are golden brown and utterly delicious.
- 1/4 cup water
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 1 egg (beaten organic)
- 2 containers plain yogurt
- 500 grams wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet dry yeast (organic)
- 1 bunch basil (coriander, chives and parsley)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 fresh cheeses (small)
- Place the ingredients in the pan of a bread machine and set for kneading cycle.
- For the pesto: toast the pine nuts in a skillet. In a blender combine the pine nuts, herbs, garlic and parmesan and blend until a smooth paste forms. Blend in the olive oil slowly to emulsify.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangular shape.