Pear and Cinnamon Buns
Remove All from Shopping List
- Mix the custard powder, 2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 cup elderberry juice until smooth. Set aside. Place the pears and remaining 1 cup juice in a saucepan on high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the custard mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly, and simmer for 1 min. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Melt 5 tbsp butter in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and add the milk. Mix the flour, 1/4 cup sugar and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Mix the yeast and 1 tbsp sugar and add to the flour along with the milk mixture and egg. Knead with the dough hook of a mixer until smooth. Cover and let stand in a warm place for 30-60 mins, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-up muffin pan. Mix the cinnamon with 4 tbsp sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt 5 tbsp butter in a saucepan. Knead the dough again and roll out on a floured work surface to an 18 x 13 inch rectangle. Brush with 3/4 of the butter and sprinkle with 3/4 of the cinnamon sugar. Spread with the pear mixture, leaving a border around the edges. Roll up from one long side and cut into 12 equal pieces. Carefully place in the muffin cups. Brush with the remaining butter and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Did you make this?
|Calories300Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.