Don't know what to make for dessert at your next party? How about a showstopping trifle?Taditionally made of alternating layers of sponge cake or ladyfingers, fruit or jam, custard and whipped cream, then garnished with candied or fresh fruit, nuts…
or grated chocolate then refrigerated for a few hours before serving, to allow the flavours to meld. Trifle is best made and served in a deep, clear glass bowl or a footed glass trifle dish to show off the pretty layers. It looks elegant and superbly impressive, but shhh! – it's a cinch to make and perfect for feeding a crowd.
- 16 ounces nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- 8 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 ounces whipped topping (lite, divided)
- 1 store-bought pound cake (16-ounce, sliced into 1-inch cubes)
- 3 cups grapes (red seedless California, plus more for garnish)
- 3 cups grapes (green seedless California, plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts (chopped, optional garnish)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, peanut butter, and honey until well combined. Gently fold in half of the whipped topping. Set aside.
- In a clear glass trifle dish or bowl, layer half each of the pound cake cubes, peanut butter mixture, red grapes, and green grapes. Repeat the layers a second time and top with the remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional grapes (sliced in half) and chopped peanuts, if desired.
|Calories170Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.