Coconut doesn't have to be the primary ingredient in cakes; it can also be used to lend its own brand of sweetness and goodness to all manner of baked goods, such as this glorious Bundt cake. Besides, coconut goes well with so many different flavors, including the oranges that give this treat its heady fragrance. Using a combination of regular and whole wheat flour, and adding yogurt to the batter, makes for a more wholesome dessert.
- 4 eggs (organic)
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 oranges (zest)
- 1/2 Orange (juice)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 250 milliliters natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 150 grams flour
- 100 grams whole wheat flour
- 50 grams grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with butter or margarine.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and sugar and beat very well with an electric mixer until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the zest, juice, oil, and yogurt and mix well.
- Sift the flours with baking powder and cinnamon, add to the batter and mix gently until smooth.
- Add the coconut and stir.
- Place the batter in the cake pan and bake for about 40 minutes, use the toothpick test to check for doneness.