Salmon is a rich, flaky, and decadent meat that is perfect for appetizers when you want to show them just how much you care. This recipe combines the deliciousness of salmon fillets with sweet and savory ingredients. Since the salmon is served raw…
be sure to follow these instructions. You will need to plan ahead for this recipe because you will be storing it for three days before final preparation. Then it sits in the freezer for 12 hours before serving with black bread or toast and cottage cheese.
- 1 salmon fillet (approx. 1 kg without skin, I cut it so that it fitted in the cake dish)
- 150 grams sea salt (gray)
- 150 grams white sugar
- 1 lemon (organic)
- 1 Orange (organic)
- 1/2 beetroot (grated, it will give a nice color)
- Remove any pin bones from the fish with tweezers.
- In a bowl, combine the salt, sugar, and orange zest. Add the grated beet and stir to combine.
- Pour half of the preparation into a cake pan, place the salmon fillet on top and then cover with the remaining mixture.