Always wait until the last 20 to 30 minutes of cooking to add glazes. The sugar in the glaze will burn otherwise. Accompany this orange glazed roast with new potatoes and Creamed Spinach.
- 6 pounds pork loin roast (bone-in)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 Orange (sliced, optional)
- Rub dry mustard into roast and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Make a drip pan of aluminum foil about 1 1/2 inches deep and extending about 3 inches on each side of roast; place under roast. Place on grill about 6 inches above low coals. Close hood of grill. Cook for 1 1/4 hours.
- Combine orange juice concentrate, honey and steak sauce in a small saucepan. Heat until bubbly, and brush on roast. Grill an additional 20 minutes basting often with sauce. (About 15 minutes per pound total time grilling) When internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. remove roast from heat; let rest 10 minutes.
- Garnish with orange slices, if desired.