- 5 chicken thighs (bone in and optional skin on)
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 160 grams bacon (shortcut, trimmed of all fat, chopped, or smoked ham)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads (crushed, or ¾ teaspoon imitation saffron powder is fine to use)
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes (diced, or 1 small can diced tomatoes including juice)
- 1 cup peppers (jarred fire roasted, in garlic, Piquillo, cut into strips)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (*See Notes)
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 3/4 cup frozen peas (not thawed)
- fresh flat leaf parsley (Chopped, for garnish)
|Calories980Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Fenella Loveridge 14 days ago
looks lovely not tried it yet
Eva Kalpadaki a month ago
Very nice, fill of flavour! I added extra garlic, not saffron and i added carrots and green peppers instead.
Niky Demirbas 5 months ago
Great recipe, came out very well! I didn’t have sweet paprika so used smoked, still tasted great.
Manuel Baraja 7 months ago
Very nice, followed it to the letter with great results.
Jo 7 months ago
Delicious, lots of flavours everyone enjoyed it.
Soda Brewer 8 months ago
It tastes good, sadly I put too little seasoning so I wasn't able to fully capture it's potential. Would make again
brendah 10 months ago
this was very delicoius it turned out very crispy and tasty everyone loved it .though didnt have safron but definitly will do it again
Luigi Coradduzza a year ago
Excellent. Didn't change anything of the recipe, came out brilliantly.
liz b. 3 years ago
This was lovely, even though I didn't have all the ingredients so had to substitute (I know that's technically not the same dish, but it was still lovely). I didn't have bacon or saffron so left them out (I'd use chorizo when I make this again), didn't have wine so used cider, and only had fresh pepper so subbed that for the roasted. The base flavours were all there though and all 5 in the family enjoyed it. It's a keeper!