- 2 pints strawberries (washed, hulled and cut into slices)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening (OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening)
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- COMBINE strawberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and brown sugar in medium bowl. Toss to mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours before serving.
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Lightly spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until flour is blended to form pea-size pieces. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Toss with fork until well combined (do not overwork). Drop batter into 6 equal mounds on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven; place baking sheet on a rack to cool.
- SPLIT each shortcake in half horizontally. Place bottoms on serving plates. Place an even amount of strawberries on shortcake bottoms. Top with whipped cream. Replace shortcake tops. Serve immediately.
|Calories120Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.