This recipe can be made in just 40 minutes and harnesses the power of a skillet. After being sautéed the open shells expose the clams which are then put into the noodles. The shallots and cooked low and slow and are combined with the garlic. Colorfu…
tomatoes are added to the stock with the spicy paprika. This aromatic meal can be served as a main dish.
- vegetable oil
- 1 kilogram littleneck clams
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes
- 400 grams noodles
- 750 milliliters fish stock
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Add the oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Add the clams and saute until they all open their shells. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Remove the clams from the hot skillet. Remove half the clams from their shell and leave the other in the shells.
- On low heat, saute shallot and garlic for about 3 minutes.