Stuffed mushrooms are a favorite hors d'ouevres to enjoy with cocktails, their small caps being a perfect vessel for all manner of flavorful fillings, such as the one in this recipe that makes good use of the mushroom stems (instead of just tossing…
those away, as many recipes have you do), cooking them with crumbled cornbread (store-bought or your own creation) and mixing in fresh cilantro and parmesan, more of which is sprinkled on top before going into the oven.
- 10 fresh mushrooms (small, for garnishing)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled corn bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bunch coriander (chopped)
- grated parmesan (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with a little olive oil.
- Rinse mushrooms and pat dry. Remove stems and finely chop. Place caps on prepared sheet.
- Place the olive oil and chopped garlic in a pan and saute until aromatic.