Moroccan Spiced Pork Kebabs with Pomegranate Glaze & Herby YogurtPORK
Remove All from Shopping List
- Make the pork kebabs: cut one red and one green pepper into 1-inch squares to match the size of the pork cubes. Do the same thing with the red onion. Form the kebabs by alternating some pork and veggies on a skewer. If using a wooden skewers and cooking on a grill, make sure to soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes so they don’t burn.
- Make the Moroccan spice rub: combine the smoked paprika and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and season all sides of the kebabs with a good pinch of spice rub and generous amount of salt. Drizzle the kebabs with 1 teaspoon each of olive oil and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes so the pork can come to room temperature and the marinade can infuse flavor.
- Meanwhile, make yogurt sauce: combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Check for seasoning, you may need a little more lemon juice. Yogurt sauce can be made hours ahead of time and kept in the fridge.
- Pre-heat a cast iron grill pan or grill to medium-high heat. Place the pork kebabs on the grill and cook for 6 minutes, flip and repeat. While the kebabs are cooking make the pomegranate glaze: combine the molasses, lime juice, and hot sauce in a small bowl, mix well. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, use a brush or spoon to spread the glaze all over the kebabs.
- Remove kebabs from the grill and allow them to rest for 3 minutes. Spread some more glaze all over the kebabs and garnish with chopped pistachios, chopped mint, and some lemon zest. Enjoy!