Make these sweets for the sweets in your life. The pancakes are more wholesome than you may first think, since they include whole wheat flour (replacing half of the white flour), brown sugar (instead of white sugar), and skim milk (in place of whole…
milk). Plus, you only need enough butter to slick the pan, removing the excess with a paper towel, to produce pancakes with the right degree of browning on the outside and puffin up on the inside.
- 3/4 cup flour (unleavened T65)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 30 grams unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 kilogram figs
- 500 grams brown sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the egg with a fork, then add the milk and melted butter.
- Mix the liquids together with the dry mixture until well incorporated.