Marinated Spicy Chili Chicken Served With Steamed Bok Choy & PoatoesFOODISTA
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- First, make the marinade. Take a large non metallic bowl & place all the ingredients of the marinade in it. Mix well. Add some sea salt & a few grinds of black pepper according to taste. Mix well. Pour the marinade into a large Zip lock bag & add the chicken pieces. Mix wel to coat. Close the bag. Now, with your hands on the outside of the bag, massage the meat for a few minutes with your hands. This helps to penetrate the marinade into the meat. Place the bag into a fitting bowl in case of leakage. Place into thre fridge for at least 1 hour. I marinated the chicken for 3 hours! That makes the meat all tender & moist.
- Minutes, before you are going to prepare dinner, take the bowl out of the fridge.
- In the meantime, boil your potatoes. Drain well. Keep warm. Heat a large non stick baking pan on a medium high heat. Lift the chicken pieces out of the marinade, but KEEP the marinade!!!
- Add a bit of EVOO to the hot pan, when hot & sizzling, add the marinated chicken pieces. Fry until golden & cooked through. This will take about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan & keep warm. Place them in aluminium foil & wrap tightly. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes so that the meat will be juicy & tender! Add the marinade to the hot pan & cook until it has thickened a bit.
- Serve the chicken pieces on a plate. Pour the sauce over it. Serve with boiled potatoes & steamed bok choy.
|Calories290Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.